Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Roasted Chicken

For dinner tonight I made a roasted chicken with potatoes and carrots.
I started by making a compound butter with thyme, garlic, and pepper. I stuffed it under the chicken skin and salted the outside. I also added thyme and garlic to the chicken cavity so it could get the flavor from the inside out too.

Then I cut up some carrots and potatoes, coated them in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme. I put the chicken on top and popped them in the oven for an hour at 425.

This is the chicken when it came out.


And the carrots and potatoes.



And finally here is what it looked like all put together.


Next time, I think I would do them separately because we like crunchy potatoes. The butter under the skin made it so crunchy while the meat was juicy. It was really easy and now we have great leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

No comments: