Monday, March 15, 2010

Cooking Week Part I

It's spring break. And every year I get so bored, this year probably won't be much different. I am planning on working with Reese to establish a nap schedule in the hope of eliminating some night wakings. That means I am going to be spending a lot of time cooped up in the house. That means a lot of time being bored. This year though, I have a plan.

I have decided that I am going to bake this spring break. I've said this a million times, but I am NOT a baker. I hate recipes. But I love yummy baked stuff like fresh bread, biscuits, or scones. I'd really like to be able to come up with some delicious stuff that ends up being easy enough not to use a recipe anymore. So this year, I am going to spend my days cooking. I might bake some scones, I might roast a chicken, I don't know. But I am going to create something new each day and I'll post my yummy recipes each day. And the best part is, I get to eat it!! (who cares if the baby gut is still sticking around, don't fresh cinnamon rolls sound better than carrot sticks and live active yogurt???)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You have got to try PW monkey muffins and pound cake. They are awesome and super easy!

The Neal Family said...

Monkey muffins! What a great idea, we would both love that, thanks!!! I have a recipe myself somewhere for that. I keep wishing Dustin would get up so I can go to the store and get started!!