Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Missing my Baby

Reese embarked on her first overnight stay this week. She stayed at Aunt Marsha's Sunday and Monday night and we are going to go pick her up here in a little while. To say that I have missed her would be an understatement. I woke up in the night thinking I could hear her kick her legs or I'd wonder at 4:30 if she was going to wake up soon. During times of the day when we usually eat or work on a nap I would feel a little nudge reminding me that I usually have something to do right now. It was pretty weird.

Now that isn't to say I didn't make the most of my time without her. I did a heck of a lot of sleeping, that's for sure. I haven't slept like that in months and I needed it. And I went to the pool taking only myself and a towel. That was double weird, I usually pack so much stuff I need a suitcase to hold it all so I felt extra light. We went out and had a few beers last night and I thought it was crazy that we could've left at 3:00 am since we didn't have to get up with a kiddo this morning.

But overall, I am very ready to get the call that it's time to meet this morning. I am excited to see her beautiful smile. I can't wait to give her a big hug and a kiss and if her dad even thinks about beating me to her he will fully understand the wrath of me! A break was great but having my baby home with me is soooo much better!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yup - know the feeling. We have night at grandma and grandpa's once a month. It's great getting that "me" time, but I find the house is awfully "quiet" when Elisa is not here. Glad you enjoyed it and yay for Reese coming home! :)