Monday, July 19, 2010

Alumni Weekend

This weekend was the first ever Brookfield High School Alumni weekend. It was also the hottest weekend I can remember for awhile. Hot, you know stick your head in the oven and turn it up to "Hell" hot. But that didn't stop us.

Friday we went uptown to the park. Yes, we say things like "Let's go uptown" or "I guess we can drag Main for a couple of minutes before we go" or my personal small town favorite; "Do you want to go to the show tonight?" Anyway, we went uptown to the park where there were beer and wine tents set up. There were TONS of people there, despite the heat, ready to listen to the bands that came out of BHS.

We heard a couple of bands, but I have to say, my favorite was Takedown. They are some friends of ours and we were very excited to watch them play. They were so great, I just can't say enough about how fun they were. We jumped up and down and screamed like teenagers.

We were able to see tons of friends who we don't get to see very often. We stood and talked and played with people's kids. There were some little boys in the park with air guitars that I took about a bajillion pictures of, but didn't think it was all that ethical to post them.

We really enjoyed seeing everyone and mostly just having a babysitter and getting out of the house. I would say that the first alumni weekend was quite a success, although hopefully next year my hair won't be wet for 2 days due to humidity and I'll be able to take my daughter to the park so she can hear the legacy that is Takedown.

On another note, Reese is staying at her Aunt Marsha's for a couple of days for her first overnight stay. I slept for over 12 hours last night. I am sure that by tonight I may be a crying blubbery mess but I think it was good that we waited for so long because I can REALLY appreciate having some time to myself.

No comments: