Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Big Girl Car Seat

Yesterday we installed our rear facing big girl car seat! Reese had been getting pretty heavy in the infant carrier and my back muscles couldn't hardly take it anymore. I had a lot of trepidation about the new one. First of all, Reese loves to sleep in the car, so I was worried about getting her out in the middle of one of her good naps. I also was worried about what we were going to do with her when we got to a store. She still seems so little to throw in the front basket and call it good.

But today we tried it out. She fell asleep but stayed asleep on Daddy's shoulder when she got home. And when we got to Wal-Mart, she banged around in the front a little, and I had to pick her up and hold her a couple of times when she got a little unstable. But for the most part it went really well. She was so excited to look out the window and to be able to look around at the store. It was fun but it's going to take some getting used to by Mom. I can't help but feel this is the first step out of babyhood and that makes me feel so sad.

No comments: