Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Kid


Take a look at this picture. It is of a kid I barely even recognize. She is so tiny here. I just can't hardly even remember the no-hair barely holds her head up stage. This picture was taken the first time she ate cereal or anything more than formula for that matter. She just kind of looked at us like, "seriously? What IS that?!" My goodness that seems like lifetimes ago. Especially when tonight we fed her a full-blown meal. The kid is an eating machine! A long, long way from the 3 bites of cereal that she mostly wore this first night.
Raising this kid has been a fast ride so far. In one year she has come so far. If I blink she is suddenly doing something new. She is getting big so fast and each stage presents a new problem but, more importantly, a new joy. Sure, the little monkey can make it to the cabinet doors before I can even get myself off the ground. But she can also crawl into my lap and put her head on my shoulder pretty fast too.
It is a lot of fun looking back at where she's been to see how far she's come. We just keep plowing ahead making memories of how fun this new stage is. Because big or small, cranky or laughing, covered in food or clean, I look at those brown doe eyes and they always make a sucker out of me!

No comments: