Wednesday, September 8, 2010

6 words

Two weeks ago I went to a training for Staff Development Coordinators. While we were there we watched a video of a high school teacher's assignment. (Here is the video if you'd like to see it.) The teacher asked his students to write a six-word memoir. We were then asked to create our teaching philosophy in 6 words. I instantly knew my teaching philosophy, that was easy.
Each day is a fresh start.
I brought the assignment back to school and we created a fantastic collection. But it also inspired many of us to think about our own personal philosophy. How do you sum it up in 6 words? I've been thinking on this for a few days and I've decided
Happiness: a thumb and a blanket.
Can't all life's lessons be summed up in a Peanuts comic strip?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love your sentence! I'm sad I missed this meeting! But who ever wrote mine did a great job! Have you used this with your kids?