Monday, August 9, 2010

The First Day of School

Today was the first day of school. Not in the typical way, you know with kids and their excitement and first day jitters. This was more of the first day sit-in-meetings and put-up-bulletin-boards kind of way. The talk-to-your-friends-and-not-get-anything-done way. The I-have-so-much-to-do-and-my-to-do-list-is-getting-longer-not-shorter kind of way. And let me tell you, I am TIRED. Reese is tired and I'd say her babysitter is so tired she may not get out of bed in the morning.

Her poor babysitter. Poor, poor Elisha. Reese is one of three other teacher's kids that go to Elisha's everyday. This is a really good thing for us most of the time but today we dumped our kids on her after a nice summer break and I'm sure it was a lot of work. When I picked up Reese, Elisha's face was red and she described her day as "busy." What a kind word for "crazy." We will be very lucky if she answers the door tomorrow! God Bless her kind soul.

But we made it through. Only a few tears shed by Momma today and it will only get easier. So, back to school it is. And only 180-some more to go!!

No comments: