Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Blue Plate Special

If I have heard it once, I have heard it 1,000 times; I was so tired, I felt like a little old lady going to bed so early, or something to the similar effect. Going to bed early is usually synonymous with being old. But that sentiment has really made me think long and hard lately about its validity. Is going to bed really for old people?

I've come to the conclusion that going to bed early signifies those of the baby-rearing age instead. Parents with young children must go to bed early or the next day will be hell to get through. I don't know many people who have young children who are out partying the night away but I know lots of "old folks" who are out much, much later that I. Heck, my grandma even worries about calling me too late.

There have been a couple of nights here and there when Dustin and I were more than happy to go eat and be home by 5:30 so we could have a few minutes to play with Reese, put her to bed, have a few minutes to ourselves and then pass out from exhaustion.

I have to laugh at the thoughts of feeling old by going to bed or eating so early, I really think we need to reevaluate it. Maybe I'll start saying, "Oh my, I'm so tired, I feel like a baby's parent when I go to bed so early." Seems like that just makes a little more sense.

No comments: