Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Break

This week has already been a blast. I am going to have a hard time going back to work in 2 weeks. Today we didn't do much out of the ordinary, got up, played some peekaboo, went to Wal-Mart, and ate a lot. I did probably say "no" 13 million times. But I have a pretty obedient child for the most part.

This break has been good for us though. We are always so cranky and worn out and hungry when we hang out. Sometimes we read a lot, sometimes we read a little. But this week Reese is taking great naps and she never goes hungry so we've both been in wonderful moods. It is so much fun to watch her play, it seems like she's learned so many new tricks.

For starters, the girl is going to take a step any day now. And the best part is, I think she's going to do it during this break. (Please say a little prayer that she does, it will kill me if I'm not there!) She scoots around on her dinosaur and is really standing on her own with confidence. Another fun thing to watch is her language development. She was kind of a late talker and well she definitely is not in any hurry about much of anything but her talking has exploded lately. She is starting to name things and I try to get her to say "up" before I pick her up. She's doing great with this and I really love to hear her say it.

Her smiles and giggles are plentiful and she has taken to curling up in my lap with a book or to play with some thing. It's fun to cuddle up with her and have no place to go. She is one wonderful little girl and I am really glad I'll be able to think back to this break with a thousand smiles to remember.

No comments: