Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tired Tuesday

We are in the process of deep cleaning our house. Really, I am in the process but Dustin pitches in here and there so I can't take all the credit. See, we work really well together because he is incredibly anal about making sure that everything has a place and is organized just so. I, on the other hand, am more of a sanitize the house kind of anal. He organizes, I clean. In any case, it works for us so we are going through little by little getting this place fixed up.

So now all I can think of is what else needs to be done. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and think things like, "when was the last time the string on the attic door was wiped off?" Or "I really should vacuum out the closet door tracts." Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. Last night I even brought a notepad to bed so that I could write down my random thoughts. And I do have to pat myself on the back when I say that all of the 10 things on the list are done minus 1, hence the "Tired Tuesday" title of this blog.

And now, it's 7:45 and I am really wondering if it's socially acceptable to go to bed when sunset is still an hour away. But, it's not as if I'll rest because I'll just be thinking of all the things I could get done tomorrow. So if you see a tired, sweaty, dirt-covered lady muttering lists to herself at the grocery store (to which I have been 3 times already since Sunday), just turn and walk the other way. I probably won't be coherent enough to carry on a conversation anyway.

No comments: