Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spring Fling!

Tonight North Kansas City Parents as Teachers put on a spring fling for kids of all ages. This was the first thing that was baby-friendly so I thought it might be fun. I wasn't wrong.

First we went to the baby room. There was a make and take craft and I was intrigued because I couldn't think of any kind of craft that I would make that would be of any revelance to a baby. But, I was pleasantly surprised by the clever craft they had set up. It's hard to see but it was a necklace made from toilet paper rolls with textured fabric glued to the roll. The little necklace was perfect for Reese to feel new materials like pleather, corduroy, and a velvety material. She held that little piece of pleather in her hands like it was saving her life. And she really enjoyed playing with the complete necklace when we were done.


Then we played with some toys they had set out. She loves the musical ones the best. But she enjoyed banging on this one. And she looked pretty sweet in her big bow!



At the end we walked through the big kids' room. It definitely was out of our league but it was exciting to her to look around at all the people. We were also able to sit down at the Mid-Continent area and read some of her favorite Sandra Boynton books. And she was able to feel the animal pelts from the Martha Lafite Nature Sanctuary.

After that we headed home and when I went to get her out of the car, I saw....



Guess she had a little TOO much fun!!

No comments: