Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hope

Zeus created a woman and gave her many things to bestow on the world, including pain and sorrow, but most importantly; hope. The woman was encased in a box that was never to be opened. But woman's curiosity got the best of her and she opened the box and all of the pain, evil, and sorrow came out. The world knew nothing but pain until the girl chanced to open the box again and hope fluttered out. The world was then restored of hope in evil times.

Right now the story of Pandora reminds me much of my own life. Things are hard in a professional sense. It's like Pandora let all the evil out of the box, each day is hurtful and hard. Each day is a trial that must be done and when it is over, I go home to my second job and work hard again. Going home to work hard is the easy job, the rewarding job, the love-filled job. I wish I could say that about my day job.

But with all trials, with all evil there is a hope. There will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. The darkest hour is just before dawn. There is no where to go but up. These are the sayings of our society for a reason. There is a truth to these words because no matter how hard it gets, Pandora opens her box and lets the hope out.

So, here are some beautiful words that I sing-song in my head to get me through my day, they're sweet and subtle, but true.

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all.
-Emily Dickenson

No comments: