Friday, October 1, 2010

Flash! Friday

Today is picture day. The girls are all spruced up in dresses and curly hair. They are excited about the colored chapstick their parents let them wear. They are ready to tilt their head and smile pretty. Little do they know that one day their 3rd grade class picture will be one they laugh at and are embarrassed by. It doesn't really matter how trendy you try to look, in fact, the trendier now the dorkier later. Elementary class pictures are just terrible in 20 years no matter what you do to prevent it.

Now the boys on the other hand are a little different. Mostly they are in their usual jeans and a t-shirt attire. I have one in a cub scout uniform but then I have one boy who came in wearing a shirt saying: "You can email me at: who@cares.com." This is the conversation that he had this morning.

"Hey, did you know it is picture day?" Boy 1 said.

"Yeah, I know, I got a hair cut." Weird shirt boy replied.

"What's up with your shirt then?" Boy 1 said back.

"Oh I don't know, I didn't even look at it." Weird shirt boy said.

He worried about it enough to get a hair cut yet he wears a shirt saying that? What were they thinking this morning? I don't think he is too worried about how he is going to look in 20 years.

I would leave you with a little snapshot of me in 3rd grade, (it's sitting right here on my bulletin board because I always put up my class picture of the grade I teach) but apparently I didn't get the side ponytail and big bangs will be dorky in 20 years memo. Oh such is life.....

No comments: