Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sentimental Saturday


I was looking though some pictures that Dustin uploaded from his phone the other day and found one of my favorites that he took. This is from when Reese was just a couple of hours old and I was first getting to know her after my c-section. Because she was premature I got to hold her for about 20 seconds right when she was born before they whisked her off to the NICU. Then they fixed me up and I had to spend some time in recovery before I could go up to her room.

Once I was considered "recovered" I was wheeled up to her room. When I got there I wasn't all that prepared for what I found. They stopped us at the door and told us she had an IV in her head and that she would be hooked up to some wires. "Okay, I get it" I thought, "just get me in there NOW!" But when I walked in, I was pretty surprised by all of it. For one thing, they have to put the IVs in the head. And she was so stinking tiny.


But it was a really great moment. The fear of the c-section was over, she could breathe, and she was beautiful. I finally took my stress down to an 8 (from the previous 10) and enjoyed my new little cutie. I didn't care about the wires or the isolette. I was just glad to meet her.


No comments: