Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fish Tacos

I am NOT a big fish lover. Sure, I appreciate good salmon or seafood (crab legs, shrimp) but when it comes to white fish I just don't really care that much about it. But I also know that it is good for me so I try to eat it on a kind of regular basis. That being said, I am always looking for ways to disguise the fishy taste. Here is one way that is not only edible but actually enjoyable for me.
First I make a baja sauce. Here are all the ingredients I use. I can't tell you measurements but I'll at least show you what's in it.
I mix all those together and it makes a really yummy sauce with a little bit of spice to it.


Then I dredge chunks of fish in seasoned flour and fry in a little bit of oil for about 3 minutes on each side. Until they are golden brown.



I chop up some veggies for toppings, I love cabbage, onions, cilantro (big surprise), and shredded carrots. And put out the baja sauce (Dustin doesn't like it so I leave it as a side).

Warm up some tortillas and voila! Yummy Houlihans-style fish tacos!

You can always add pico de gallo, salsa, or even guacamole for added flavor but those things go over like a lead balloon in my house!

No comments: