Friday, January 22, 2010

Laughing

Yesterday was the first time Reese laughed. It was the sweetest sound I've ever heard! It wasn't any huge ha ha ha or anything, but it was a tiny little breathy sound that made my day. I ran my finger over her lips to make them do the motor boat sound and she loved it! Before I knew it, she had a full-on smile that turned to a breathy little laugh. I could've sat there all day and played that game. She must've been able to also because once she finally quit, I walked away to finish packing up and I heard her scream. I know that scream meant, "Hey! I wasn't done playing yet!" There are so many things that will be her firsts, some I'll be there for, some I won't. But I will always remember how great it felt to make her so happy that she laughed for the first time. My cup runneth over....

No comments: