Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dusty

January 6, 1983 was the birth of my hubby. And as he will tell you, he will never be as old as me. He even calls me old girl sometimes but that's because he's hung up on age, I on the other hand, am not.

Dustin is the best friend I've ever had. He is also the male version of me. He loves to drink Miller Lite, hang out with friends and cuddle his daughter. He loves old country music and back roading on the weekends. He has many passions; hunting, racing, drinking, and just about anything that involves competition. But he is more than just that. He is loving, thoughtful and empathetic. He probably would never admit to half of that but it's true.

Dustin is a great father, he gets up even when he has to work. He washes bottles and does dishes and changes dirty diapers. He can't wait to see her when he gets home and loves to text pictures of her to his friends. He is a great friend to me too. He was right beside me cheering me on when I gave birth. He stands up for me when I don't like something that happens. And he makes a choice to love us each day.

So tomorrow, Dustin, I hope you have a great day. I hope you get every wish your heart desires. And I hope that we will be able to spend 60 more birthdays together!

No comments: