Thursday, February 25, 2010

Today was a good day

Today was our class field trip to the Coterie Theater. I hate field trips, hate hate hate them. It's stressful, what if I lose one? What if they get snatched? What if they go to the bathroom and set off a bomb or something (fires happen by elementary schoolers all the time....trust me).

But today, was a good day. They ate lunch in the downstairs atrium and had a blast. I always like seeing who they choose to eat with, it's interesting to me. They loved the play and with good reason. It was a heck of a show. They followed directions, filed in patiently and no one even asked to go to the bathroom.

And it doesn't stop there. We then had a music concert to attend tonight. They sang a rock song and wore sunglasses and did the air guitar. One of the precious little ones rocked it out too. A few did solos, there were recorders played, it was awesome.

All in all, it was a good day. Their happy little faces choke me up all the time. They get so excited over the fun little things. I am so proud of those kids. It's a good thing they don't really belong to me or I just don't know how I would stand all the cuteness. Today was a good day, today I remembered why I became a teacher.

No comments: