Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This too shall pass

Today I logged on to facebook and saw that Halee had commented on a photo of Reese. It was one from her first day of life, she was somewhat jaundiced and had an IV in her head. It is a sad looking picture because here is this tiny precious thing all banged up looking. Halee's comment was that she loved that picture or something similar. At first I thought she was crazy, why would anyone want to be reminded of that terrible IV? But the more I looked at it, the more beautiful the picture became. Reese came into this world in a little bit of a blaze of glory, in my opinion. I'm sure everyone who has been though childbirth would agree with how I felt, but it was just such a whirlwind of emotions that night and the day after. I think my first instinct was to forget about it or put it out of my mind. But taking a good look back at the picture reminded me that even the hardest things get better. That part of Reese's life was so scary to me but the saying, 'this too shall pass' came true. It was hard, scary hard, but it passed. And regardless of how bad it was it was still a part of her beautiful beginning and I don't want to forget a minute of this little girl's journey, that's for sure. And like I told Halee, it kind of makes me think that just because a person is banged up doesn't mean she can't still be beautiful!

No comments: