Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Silent Night

Each night with Reese gets a little easier. I know we have to remember she is a preemie so we are already ahead of the game. We have a schedule started and it's working well. Slowly but surely she is going to fall in to place and the night time will get easier and easier.

Part of me is so glad about that; I can't wait to get a semi-good night's sleep. But part of me is sad about that as well. 1 a.m. is a sweet time for us. The house is silent and she and I just snuggle on the couch with a bottle. Her face glows in the nightlight and she looks like a beautiful angel. She looks at me like I am the most wonderful part of this world but I know it's just the opposite. It is our time of bonding and by far the most lovely part of our day.

So this year for Christmas, I am asking for just a few more of our silent nights. A few more opportunities to hang on to our special bonding moments before I hear myself saying, "oh they grow up so fast." A few more nights of the cute little "o" her lips make when she's still sucking down the bottle even though it's not there. Or the way they pucker up for what I believe is a kiss. I few more times of watching her heavy eyes droop closed or her sigh of sleep. My silent night is all about the calm of mother and child this year.

No comments: