Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gymnastics

Reese recently began gymnastics on Tuesday afternoon. It's a class of about 7-8 3, 4, and 5 year olds or 2 if you are potty trained. My little 2 year old is the only one and let me tell you, what a difference a year makes!

My girl runs through that place like she owns it. She's so scared of a small bug that she freezes when one comes within 5 feet but throw her in a room of bars, beams and vaults filled with strange teachers and parents and she's in her element.

Tonight they ran around like various animals pretending to be alligators and monkeys. They did tuck jumps and seat drops. She walked on the high beam and jumped over cones. I was so excited to watch her do all the fun new stuff and I know she felt proud too. She did better tonight at blending in with the class and following directions, I know it has to be hard to be 2 with all the fun things to do. But for being the youngest I think she does pretty well.

River has a ball too. Tonight his favorite deer hunting buddy, Spencer was there. Spencer conked out in my lap for awhile but they shared a few winks and smiles before that. Riv had so much fun that he put off leaving by pooping all over Mommy right as we were walking out. He cleared the rest of the group out too!!

Watching my sweet girl run rampant through that place causes me a lot of worry, is she too wild? Do they give her credit for her age? But at the end of the day I love it because the kid has F-U-N!

No comments: