Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Reese's Birthday Week!

There once was a girl
With a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
And when she was good, she was very, very good.
And when she was bad she was horrid.

My daughter made me angry yesterday.  Angry, ANGRY.  She was horrid.  And I was sadly disappointed in all that is Halloween. 

I wish I had a picture of my girl standing on the door step with a bucket to go trick or treating.  I wish I had a girl standing there with a costume on.  But instead I have a bruise from the kicking and screaming fit she had because I wanted her to put on a costume.  So, I gave up.  Took the costume off and cried all night instead.

She was horrid.

But this is her birthday week.  It's getting close to the big day.  The TWO.  The Terrible TWO!  I caught a glimpse of that yesterday. 

So in her honor I leave the poem about girls.  It's true.  Because this morning when she crawled in to bed with me to watch Mickey I couldn't help but smile at the sweet baby hands that played with my hair.  When she is good, she is very, very good, with just a touch of horrid when she knows I hate it the most.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh there was something in the air on Halloween. Elisa also was horrid. Refused adamantly to eat any of her dinner and then begged for some of her candy. She didn't get any of her candy and went to bed in a grump lol! Hello terrible twos!